CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) 2011 Syllabus
From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under :
(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
· Current events of national and international importance
· History of India and Indian national movement
· Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
· Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
· Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
· General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
· General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs
· Interpersonal skills including communication skills
· Logical reasoning and analytical ability
· Decision making and problem solving
· General mental ability
· Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
· English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
More articles: Civil Services Aptitude Test 2011 Syllabus