Window is an operating system.It is an easy to learn,user friendly graphical user interface(GUI).Windows is software that allows the computer system & it is an system software. Windows was introduced by Microsoft Incorporation in 1990. the first version was windows 3.1,then later on windows 95,98,2000,NT,Millennium,XP editions were included.
1. Uniform way of operating any program.
2. Multiple files/folders can be created,organized and searched.
3. Cut,Copy and Paste data from one program to another.
4. Multiple programs can be opened at any time.
5. You can browse internet.
6. Once files/folders is deleted,it exists in recycle bin.
7. Windows can be resized.
Common icons present on Desktop in windows
My computer-It helps you to look at all drives,the contents of a drive or a folder on a drive and details of your computer.
Internet Explorer-It is a Browser-a software used to shoe web pages. It helps you to use internet and transform web pages into attractive documents.
Network Neighborhood-If your computer is attached to any other computer,you can view details in this folder.This includes server,shared workstations,printer,folders & file.
My documents-This folder stores the documents.
Recycle Bin-It contains all deleted files and folders.
More articles: Windows Defination